Dhërmi is one of the nine villages of the Himara region/municipality, in Albania.
The village lies 42 kilometers south of the city of Vlorë and about the same distance north of the southern city of Sarandë. The village is built on a slope of the Ceraunian Mountains at approximately 200 meters in altitude.
It comprises three neighborhoods: Gjilek, Kondraq (also known as Kallam), and Dhërmi itself. The mountains descend to the southwest into the Ionian coast and Corfu in the distance to the south. Nearby is the village of Palasë.
The inhabitants of Dhërmi speak a variant of the Himariote dialect, characterized by archaic features not retained in standard Greek. Recently, the coastal area has seen a boom in the construction of accommodation facilities, such as wooden villa complexes. In addition, it is considered by the Albanian youth as a nightlife destination.
The foundation of the village is lost in the history. Himara, where Dhermi is included, has been inhabited by the Epirote tribe of Chaonians.
The first Greek school in the village started to function at 1682 with the support of the local bishopric of Himara. During the 17th century another Greek school (the Vizilios School) started its operation under the sponsorship of a local benefactor. In the 1898-1899 school season three Greek schools were operating: elementary, secondary and a girls' school.
At November 5, 1912, when the nearby town of Himara was controlled by the Greek forces of the local major Spyros Spyromilios, armed groups from Dhermi declared that they were prepared to assist his movement for the incorporation of the rest of the region into Greece.